What EGO looks like
- "It's your fault. You're the problem." Victim, blame.
- "This [noun] ain't big enough for the two of us." Zero-sum, win-lose, scarcity.
- "I am, you're not OR you are and I'm not." Scarcity and competition.
- Defensive, insecure, impatient.
- "I can't." Disempowered.
- "You can't." Attempts to control.
- Judgment, not empathy.
- "I'm THEM, I'm US, I'm THAT." Identification of self based upon group affiliations.
- Desperate and co-dependent "self-love" that doubles into self-loathing.
- A caricature of the worst of you that is both trying desperately to be seen and working constantly to be hidden.
- Distortion, coercion, malformation.
This is an incomplete list, but a helpful reminder of what to look for when I start playing ego games.